With more than a billion monthly users, Instagram is one of the most popular social networking sites in the world. Sometimes, though, it’s necessary to step away from the site for reasons of convenience or necessity.
Getting rid of your Instagram account could be a result of a few different things. Several factors, including concerns about privacy and the potential for detrimental psychological and emotional repercussions, contribute to this trend.
This tutorial is for you if you want to know how to delete your Instagram account. Learn the ins and outs of temporary and permanent Instagram account deletion here.
But, you should be aware of the repercussions of deleting your Instagram account before taking such a step.
Instagram: What Happens When You Deactivate Your Account
- You will lose access to your entire profile, including photographs, videos, comments, likes, and follows.
- Your account will be permanently deactivated, and you will lose access to all data stored within it.
- The username for the account will be made available to the public in the near future.
- Within 14 days of commencing the deletion procedure, you will have the ability to undo the deletion if you log back into your account.
- If you change your mind between 14-30 days, you can get Instagram assistance to help you reclaim the account.
- In 30 days, your account and its contents will be erased forever.
The Permanent Instagram Deletion Guide
Instagram offers a number of options for permanently removing your account. This article will show you how to do that on various systems.
The Android Instagram Deletion Guide
Instagram no longer lets you delete your account from within the app in the most recent version of the Android app. To deactivate your Instagram account on Android, go to the “Delete Instagram Account” page in your mobile browser. Follow these steps:
- To delete or deactivate your account, open the browser on your mobile device and navigate to the account deletion page, or use this link.
- You’ll be asked to specify why you’re removing your Instagram account.
- Retype your account’s passphrase here.
- Choose “Delete my account permanently” to confirm your decision.
The Instagram Deletion Guide for iOS Devices
Instagram for iOS and iPad OS allows account deletion and deactivation in both the mobile app and online. Here are the measures to take if you want to remove your app account.
- Launch Instagram. Verify that the Instagram app on your iPhone is up to date.
- To edit your profile, go to your profile, then click the hamburger menu at the top right.
- Then, go to your profile and delete it by clicking “Account.”
- Click the Delete Account button now to finish.
- To confirm and select the reason for the deletion, click Proceed Deleting account.
- Repeat your Instagram password and then select the Delete button.
- To verify, tap the OK button.
The Web-Based Instagram Deletion Guide
Instagram account deletion on a desktop computer is very similar to the procedure on Android. Go to Instagram’s dedicated account deletion page, and then follow the instructions there to get rid of your account completely.
- With your browser, go to https://www.instagram.com/accounts/remove/request/permanent/ to delete your account. Go ahead and sign in to the account you intend to deactivate.
- You can choose why you wish to delete your Instagram account from a drop-down menu after you’re logged in.
- To cancel your account, please select the reason below.
- To cancel your account, log in with your password and then select “Delete my account.”
- After you give your final approval, your account and all its contents will be destroyed forever.
Here are the three simple methods to permanently remove your Instagram account.