If you wish to have a second backup of all your images or free up space in your iCloud account, moving photos from iCloud to an external hard drive is simple.
Transfer Photos from iCloud to External Hard Drive
Despite the fact that iCloud Photos is regarded as a secure and safe location to keep images, it is still a good idea to download all of your iCloud photos to an external hard drive as a backup measure.
In the event that something happens to your iCloud Account or you wind up losing Photos as a result of a technical error, having a second backup of your Photos on an external drive assures that you do not lose your priceless memories.
As previously said, removing iCloud Photographs after transferring them is the primary motivation for moving photos from iCloud to an external hard drive.
1. Transfer Selected Photos from iCloud to USB Storage Drive
Move Selected Pictures from iCloud to USB Storage Drive by following the instructions listed below.
1. Open iCloud on your Mac or PC.
2. Enter your Apple ID and password to log into your iCloud account.
3. After signing in, select the Pictures icon.
4. Go to the Pictures Tab in iCloud Photos, choose the photos you wish to transfer, and then click the Download icon.
To pick multiple photographs, use the Command key on a Mac or the Ctrl key on a PC.
5. On the following window, click the Save button after choosing the USB Disk in the left-pane.
The USB Disk will download all of the chosen photos in Zip format.
2. Transfer All Photos from iCloud to External Hard Drive
999 photographs can now be downloaded from iCloud Photos. So, attempt to download your photographs in batches of 500 at a time if you have more than 1000.
Click the first photo, scroll down 50 rows, hold down the Shift key, then click the last photo in the 50th row to select 500 photos.
If you have fewer than 1000 photographs, you can choose All iCloud Photos and download them to an External Hard Drive by following the instructions below.
use a Mac or PC visit icloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.
2. After logging in, select the PhotosIcon.
3. Go to the Pictures tab in iCloud Photos, press Command+A to select all of the photos, and then click the Download icon.
Note: Verify iCloud Photos is turned on on your iPhone if Command+A does not work.
5. Choose your External Hard Disk in the left-hand panel of the new window and click the Download button in the right-hand panel.
A Zip file containing all the chosen Pictures will be downloaded to the external hard drive.
Note:The iCloud download limit is currently set at 999 photographs per session.