Learn in this post how to capture a screenshot on your HP laptop. The guidelines work for both Windows 11 and Windows 10.
Take a Screenshot in Windows with the Keyboard
Using the keyboard, you can capture screenshots in a few different ways. The majority of solutions include copying the screenshot and pasting it into an image editor.
Save the Screen to the Clipboard
To copy the current screen to the clipboard, press the Prt Sn (Print Screen) button. You’ll find it above the row containing Insert and Delete, to the far right. The image must then be pasted into an editor such as Microsoft Paint (or a comparable program) for viewing and editing.
Capture the Whole Screen
To take a screenshot of the current screen, press the Windows Key plus Prt Sc. There will be a brief interruption on your screen. The screenshots are saved in the This PC > Photos > Screenshots folder.
Capture Part of the Screen
To do this, hit Windows+Shift+S at the same time. To take a screenshot, simply move the mouse cursor over the area you wish to record. The copied excerpt will contain your selection.
Catch the Selected Window
Capture the Active Window
If you press Alt+Prt Sc, the current window will be copied to the clipboard. There will be no visible signs of the capture.
How to Take a Screenshot with the Snipping Tool?
The Windows Snipping Tool allows for sophisticated screenshot modification.
- Launch Snipping Tools by clicking its entry in the Start menu’s search results.
- Choose the mode of selection you wish to employ from the option labeled “Mode.” Select Full-screen if you want to record the complete display. You can also pick a square or rectangle, or even make your own window.
- Click the “New” button to begin fresh screen capture.
- When you take a snapshot using Snipping Tool, a new window will pop up where you can annotate it with highlights and notes.
- Click the disk image to initiate a save.
How to Use Snip & Sketch in Windows 10?
- Snip & Sketch is another program included with Windows 10. Use it as follows:
- Start by opening the Start menu with the desired window or screen already open.
- Use the search field to look for “Snip & Sketch,” and then pick it from the list of results.
- At the top of the screen, you’ll see a menu. To grab the entire picture, which is shaped like a rectangle with marks in each corner, select the fourth option.
- Windows will automatically copy or save the screen capture to the clipboard and the default save location, and a prompt will display. The notification will show a small preview of the screenshot you just captured; clicking it will bring up a settings menu.
- Using the tools at the top of the window, you may annotate, highlight, and trim the image.
- Select the Save button to store the screenshot.
pick Save to bring up a save window where you can give your screenshot a name, pick its format, and specify a location.
How to Take a Screenshot on an HP Tablet?
Even though HP stopped making tablets in 2011, you can still take a screenshot by holding down the Power and Volume Down buttons.
The Photos app is where you’ll locate your captured images.