Update: Playing the game on a DX11 GPU will permanently cure the Elden Ring white screen crash. Elden Ring with a DirectX 11 GPU: How to Play.
Original:Now that Elden Ring, the highly anticipated game from FromSoftware, has been launched on gaming consoles and PC, many players are eager to play it. Elden Ring might experience some performance issues, though this is true of all game releases. The white screen that appears when the game first launches appears to be crashing for a lot of gamers. Thus, we’ll attempt to explain how to resolve the Elden Ring PC white screen of death problem in this article.
How to Fix Elden Ring White Screen Crashing Issue on PC
You can try a number of the methods we’ve discovered to resolve the Elden Ring PC crash problem. Some of them will probably work for you, while others might not. It is best to test out every remedy listed below that claims to be able to resolve the Elden Ring white screen of death issue.
Method 1: Removing the Latest Patch 1.02.1
Elden Ring recently received the most recent PS5 and PC patch, version 1.02.1. Many users who downloaded and installed this patch appear to have experienced white screen crashes right away. So, it will be wise to permanently uninstall or delete this patch until a new patch or update is released to address the Elden Ring white screen launch problem. If the issue still persists, you can try reinstalling the game from scratch without updating to the most recent patch (1.02.1).
Method 2: Deleting Files from Temporary Folder
The second option is to purge everything from your Windows computer’s temporary folder. Follow the instructions below to accomplish that.
- Click on the Search bar.
- Type %temp% in the Search bar.
- From the list, open the %temp% folder.
- Press CTRL + A to select everything from the Temporary folder and press the Delete key to remove all the files from the same folder.
Method 3: Remove Discord and Steam Overlay
By turning off overlays in Discord and Steam, you can also try to resolve the Elden Ring white screen crash problem. These are the procedures.
To use Discord:
- Launch Discord app and go to User Settings.
- On the right side menu, you will find Streamer Mode , just disable it.
- Under the same menu, you will also find Game Overlay, simply disable this option as well.
- Launch Steam on your PC.
- Click on Steam on the top menu bar, and then go to Settings.
- Under the Settings menu, click on In-game which is located on the left side.
- Just uncheck the option for Enable the Steam overlay while in-game .
In the video below, more fixes for Elden Ring’s white screen crashing issue are also discussed.
That is all there is to know about resolving an Elden Ring PC white screen of death. Check out our other articles on how to fix the Dying Light 2 error and the God of War D3D Feature Level 11 1 error while you wait. Your game purchase cannot currently be revalidated.