As time goes on, the need for apps written in regional languages increases. Apps in one’s native language are preferred by many users since they can better grasp the app’s information and functions. This is why Amazon has begun localizing its services, such as its online store and its Prime Video service, into a wider variety of languages.
Amazon now provides service in a variety of languages, including those spoken throughout the world. Choose from Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, and Chinese as your preferred language on Amazon.
Depending on your location, you may also have access to additional regional language options. Amazon’s Indian website, for instance, is available in Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, and Bengali, among other languages.
If you want to switch languages on Amazon or have already done so by accident, this is the guide for you. In this article, we’ll show you how to switch Amazon’s language using a variety of platforms, including Android, iOS, the web, and more.
A section on how to modify your Amazon Prime Video language preferences is also provided. Follow the links in the table of contents to jump to the relevant sections.
How to Change Amazon’s Language on Mobile?
- Fire up the Amazon app on your Android device. Update to the most recent version of the Amazon app.
- After logging in, access the main menu by clicking the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Next, you’ll want to go into the Settings menu by scrolling down.
- Choose the Languages & Countries tab.
- Click on the language option that best suits your needs.
- So long! As of right now, Amazon is available in the language of your choice. If you have registered an email address with Amazon, you will receive confirmation of the language update there as well.
- Release the Amazon iPhone app.
- Use the drop-down menu accessible by clicking the three horizontal lines in the corner.
- Go into the configurations by scrolling down and clicking “Settings.”
- The “Country and language” option will be at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the language you want to use from the drop-down menu.
How to Change Amazon’s Language on Desktop Website?
- Modify Amazon Desktop Site Language
- Grab your preferred online browser, and head on over to Amazon.com. Hover your mouse over the flag icon that appears next to Account & Lists.
- You can now view Amazon’s supported language options. Decide which language you wish to use.
- To switch to a different Amazon language, select the language you want and then click the Change country/region button.
- Finally, select a country and its language from the respective menus. Since the languages we serve vary by location, we will adapt to reflect that.
- Launch your web browser of choice and go to Amazon.com.
- To switch languages, go ahead and click “Language Settings” at the top.
- After you’re ready, click the Changes button to implement the newly chosen language.
How to Change the Language on Amazon Prime Video?
- Launch the Amazon Prime page in your web browser.
- To access your account settings, hover over your profile image and select “Account & Settings” from the resulting drop-down menu.
- Make your way to “Your Account” via the menu’s pull-down.
- Find the tab labeled “Language,” and select it.
- The language you prefer can be chosen from a pull-down menu.
- A “Save changes” button will appear; select it.
- Launch the Amazon Prime Video app.
- Choose the “Settings” option located under the “My Items” menu.
- You can select your language by scrolling down and clicking the appropriate option.
- Choose from the various tongues by clicking on them.
- To keep the modifications you’ve made, click the “Save” button.
- For the new settings to take effect, you’ll need to quit the app and launch it again.